Friday, February 8, 2008

Spey by Donation



It was awesome to have the opportunity to see Eloise work and watch her exercise the veterinary arts that I've heard so much about her doing but only imagined being done. One day while I was peering through the window watching Elly in surgery, Heidi, the marvellous American vet student, said to me, " She's taken the leg off. She's quite the surgeon." And I thought , "how cool is that." It was amazing to watch Elly navigate around the bodies of the animals and their maze of insides and to make things happen almost like magic.

To the naive observer like me, this picture makes surgery look just like the game,"Operation." I was more a "Ker Plunk" type of guy but seeing Elly's skills in the room it became crystal clear to me that she had not spent those 5 years as an exotic dancer but had in fact been at uni all the time.

No comments: